- Try and shave or wax at least 24 hours before application to allow time for the pores to close
- To prepare your skin always begin with Fake Bake’s Body Polish. This soap-free Body Polish will restore the skin’s moisture balance while natural exfoliators gently slough away dead skin cells to achieve the softest, smoothest skin possible before tanning.
- It is important to prepare the skin with a soap-free product that won’t dry out the skin or leave a residue that will prevent even absorption of the tanning solution.
- Don’t apply cream, makeup or deodorant to the skin
- Wear loose fitting clothes to the session
- Wear whatever you’re comfortable to be sprayed in and ensure to plan ahead as to where you want you tan lines, if any. We supply disposable G-strings and also have tanning G-strings that leave minimal tan lines.
- Tie up hair to allow access to neck and face for an even application
- Plan ahead to not shower, swim, perspire or otherwise get wet for 6-12 hours after the application.
- Your spray tan technician will spray dry areas of your body , including feet, ankles, knees, elbows, and hands with Fake Bake’s Skin Smoothie. This helps to “smooth” over these problem areas for an even application. Skin Smoothie is also highly recommended as a follow up treatment to “lock-in” life of tan.
- You will be guided on how to stand and what to do by your spray tan technician as they spray you to bronzed perfection.
- Our solutions dry extremely quickly and you will be able to get dressed shortly after the spraying process
- After you have left your tan on for the desired time frame (6 hours for a light golden tan, 8 hours for a medium golden tan or up to 12 hours to achieve a rich chocolate brown tan) have a shower and rinse off the tan. You may notice some colour washing off – this is merely the excess. It’s normal and it will still leave you with a beautiful golden tan.
- After your shower, gently towel dry and moisturise (do this every day to extend your tan up to 10 days). We highly recommend Fake Bake’s Oil-free Moisturiser. Avoid moisturisers that contain oil as they will significantly reduce the life of your tan. Fake Bake’s Oil-Free Moisturiser contains anti-oxidants, green tea, ginger and rich emollient properties which will help nourish and hydrate the skin prolonging the life of your tan! To really get the most out of your spray tan Fake Bake’s Tan Enhancing Moisturiser with Glisteners will give the skin a radiant shimmer and will replenish moisture using rich essential emollients. This Tan Enhancing Moisturiser is also perfect to enhance a natural tan.
- To achieve the darkest, longest-lasting tan, you should be tanned again within 2 or 3 days of the first application, then every week thereafter (look into our unlimited tan plan from just $15/week for great value).
Discolouration might occur in some materials, including light colours and silk. If stained rinse garmet and wash immediately. If you have sensitive skin or have not used tanning products before a patch test is recommended before treatment